Thursday, December 27, 2012

Butterfly Beanie

This is my daughter modeling the lovely butterfly hat that my mother made. My three year old daughter has an extremely large head so we had to adjust the pattern slightly so it would fit properly.






I also made a few. The butterfly portion of this hat is so simple and looks awesome! I am not a fan of variegated yarn simply because it's never exact. It is just part of my OCD personality.

I prefer this particular pattern in the solid colors. We did winter white, burgundy, and a gorgeous teal deep blue color. It's an easy hat when you are in a hurry. Also it's much easier to carry than the Hello Kitty hat or Tangled hat when she doesn't want to wear it and we are out.




The pattern is posted @Vallerieskids called Olivia's-butterfly if you are interested in replicating this.

For those that don't know how to crochet, it's not difficult to learn but you can definitely buy them on etsy or email me at preciousyarn@gmail.com. If you want the pattern, you don't have to pay for it. It is posted for free @Vallerieskids blogspot.

We added an extra row to adjust for my daughters large head. I also used Simply Soft Yarn. I crocheted a grey one with two strands and we actually like it better. It is thicker and fits better.



No comments: