Saturday, November 22, 2014

ELSA Hat

My next goal is to write down my Elsa Hat Pattern. I know this one is pretty popular. It is funny at the event the Anna hats were more popular than anything else, but I think it is because the Elsa hats look strange when they are lying flat. I decided to put them on a wig head and they look so much better.


My daughter wants to give everyone she sees a handmade hat. So we came up with an idea to give away a bunch of hats to people who may think the world of them. At or around Christmas (so I have time to make more) we plan to donate hats especially the ones with the long hair to the kids with cancer here in the area. 

I still have a lot of work to do in order to make this happen. First I need to figure out how many hats I will actually need. Also how many Elsa hats vs Super Hero hats. I thought too if I shared my pattern with others they might be inclined to donate their time and resources to make one hat for a small kid so we can donate as many as possible. This is still a work in progress, but ideally this is our goal this winter. I hope everyone enjoys this one. The pattern is still lodged in my brain so as soon as I am able to explain it I will be back to update this post with the pattern.

Free pattern to be posted soon


If you are in the Las Vegas area, we will have another booth in two weeks where I will be selling more hats like this one. Orders are starting to build. I wish I could do this full-time but I actually have a full-time job, besides that I am not crazy fast so it takes me a long time to sew each individual hair piece and I am sure I would develop some sort of crochet-hand-tunnel syndrome :) if I did this all day.
 
Visit more creations for sale visit me at www.facebook.com/preciousyarn

No comments: